Since it’s National Fire Prevention Week, let’s review the fire safety checklist.
1) Avoid shoving stuffed toys and rope toys in electrical outlets.
2) Teach youngsters to not chew on electrical wires.
3) No rough housing inside (Benny!) to avoid knocking over burning candles.
4) Avoid flinging toys on top of a lit stove.
5) Change batteries yearly in all smoke detectors (but how you get up there to do that is beyond me!).
6) Teach the “Stop, Drop, and Roll” technique in case your coat catches fire (not the “Drop, Roll Half Way Over, and Stop” technique that Orielle practices so brilliantly).
7) And finally, designate escape routes in each room and practice regularly (and I don’t mean through the wall Aimee!).
Don’t forget, safety first! (Then cookies, then kibble, then toys……)