Saturday, September 6, 2008

U.S. Open Review

Let me ask you this…who in their right mind would toss a tennis ball back to someone who just hit it to you, huh? Something about that is just not right. If a tennis ball soars in your direction, it’s only natural to catch it and keep it, not toss it back, right? I mean, that’s really weird, no? It’s not like I didn’t have fun at the U.S. Open, I just don’t understand the game, that’s all. I actually had quite a good time. The USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center is an amazing playground! But after a few hours of baking in the sun and trying to understand the point of this game, something came over me. I was compelled to get a closer look…. a MUCH closer look. While down there on the courts, I caught a few balls for Benny, mostly on the first bounce too! I was having a great time, that is, until the security guards came and tossed me out. Well, I’m back home with a few souvenirs, just hanging around waiting for football season to start.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brinny....it's Louie

You are soooooooo right!I personally take any ball or egg tossed my way and hide them in the garden.You are however, very quick to have snagged such an impressive stash.....that photo just gives me the goosebumps!Can you match that with footballs?You may need some help...Hey Benny....

Love Louie

shannicat said...

Brin~

WOW! You have some stockpile there! Good for you.
Tickets to the US Open = $300.00
Gear to wear there = $ 50.00
Leaving with EVERY single ball = PRICELESS

The Cat Crew

Le Nanny said...

Hey Brin!
Now that's your calling....."collecting" all those tennis balls.
Maybe if you flashed your "tennis ball smile" with all those balls, they would have let you stay there.
Just think of how much you can make by selling them on EBay with your new laptop!