Saturday, August 30, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Well, we were supposed to have our Labor Day picnic today but it appears that we have been rained out. I couldn’t believe it – I had to go out and check for myself. After all, they said it was supposed to be sunny today. But then again, what do those weather forecasters know anyway. Even though rain is one of my favorite kinds of weather, it isn’t suitable for grilling. It is however, quite suitable for bobbing for tennis balls in puddles. Especially during hurricanes. I remember being a little kid when Hurricane Floyd hit and flooded the yard. Talk about bobbing! MAN! Was that fun! Who’s Floyd anyway? Do we know?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brinny ...it's Louie

I sure know what you mean about the bobbing.....I love to bob for ice.My human mom thinks it's so funny because I stick my head right under water. Sorry about your cook out....do you think it was that pesky Floyd?

Love Louie

shannicat said...

Brin~

We aren't allowed to go outside, but we love when our human parents BBQ. The smells are wonderful, and we're spoiled so mom sneaks in little morsels here and there. Sorry to hear your BBQ was wash out, but like you said, puddles are fun too.

The 4 Bad Catd

Le Nanny said...

Hey Brin!
What's better'n bobbing for apples, but bobbing for martianmellows!
You can bob for those inside and outside and in any kind of weather.
Time to reschedule your picinic.
I think that Hurricane Floyd is named after Uncle Floyd from TV...i can't wait for Hurricane Aimeeeeeee.......uh oh!